Pitching for Feature Films in Development Platform
The Pitching for Feature Films in Development Platform will be organized as part of the Antalya Film Forum to be held during the 60th Antalya Golden Orange Film Festival, between October 8-12, 2023. The platform is open to feature-length film projects from Türkiye.
The Antalya Film Forum will take place physically in Antalya between October 8-10, 2023, and online between October 10-12, 2023.
The dates for the Pitching for Feature Films in Development Platform are as follows:
Final Application Date: Wednesday, August 2, 2023
Announcement of Selected Projects: Friday, September 8, 2023
Announcement of Awards (Antalya Film Forum Closing Ceremony): Tuesday, October 10, 2023
RULES AND REGULATIONS
1) Producers wishing to participate in the Antalya Film Forum Pitching for Feature Films in Development Platform must submit their official applications by filling out the online application form at https://vp.eventival.com/antalyaff/forum-2023 by Wednesday, August 2, 2023.
2) Projects applying to the Pitching for Feature Films in Development Platform should submit the documents listed below in both Turkish and English in PDF format. The submitted documents will be evaluated by the Antalya Film Forum Selection Committee.
3) Producers can apply to the Feature Film Pitching Platform with fictional, animation, and experimental film projects. Projects that have applied to the Antalya Film Forum Feature Film Pitching in previous years cannot apply again. However, if a page reporting significant changes in the treatment is added to the application, it can be considered.
4) A production company can apply to different platforms with different projects. It cannot apply to the same platform with more than one project. A project can only be submitted to one platform.
5) Projects applying to the Pitching for Feature Films in Development Platform must comply with the following principles:
• Feature-length film projects from Türkiye lasting at least 60 minutes can participate in the Feature Film Pitching Platform.
• Projects that have started shooting cannot apply to the Feature Film Pitching Platform. The selected projects must not have started shooting until the award ceremony date of the Antalya Film Forum, which is Tuesday, October 10, 2023.
• The director must have shot at least one short film, documentary, or feature film. (The link of the film will be requested.)
• For projects applying to the Feature Film Pitching Platform as a co-production, it is required that at least one of the main producer or co-producer companies be registered in Türkiye.
6) The Antalya Film Forum Selection Committee selects up to 8 projects from the applicant projects to participate in the Pitching for Feature Films in Development Platform.
7) The selected projects are announced on the Antalya Film Forum page on the website of the Antalya Golden Orange Film Festival on Friday, September 8, 2023.
8) It is mandatory for the producer or director of the selected project to attend all physical and online meetings of the Pitching for Feature Films in Development Platform. If the producer or director cannot attend the Pitching for Feature Films in Development Platform, the selected project cannot be nominated for the awards.
9) The Forum Management has the right to remove projects that do not comply with the regulation conditions from the platform.
REQUIRED SUBMISSION MATERIALS
1) Online Application Form (https://vp.eventival.com/antalyaff/forum-2023)
2) Logline (Maximum 500 character) (Turkish and English)
3) Synopsis (Maximum 1 page, PDF) (Turkish and English)
4) Treatment (Minimum 7, maximum 15 pages, PDF) (Turkish and English)
5) Director's Statement (Maximum 1 page, PDF) (Turkish and English)
6) Producer's Statement (Maximum 1 page, PDF) (Turkish and English)
7) Biographies and filmographies and photos of the director, producer, and screenwriter (Each maximum 1 page, PDF) (Turkish and English)
8) Financing Plan, TL / EUR (PDF, Turkish and English)
9) Visual material, mood book, and location photos for the project, if available
10) Mood video of a maximum 3 minutes length
11) English subtitled and password-protected screener links of the director's previous films (if any)
Each selected project will have a total of 10 minutes for presentation and Q&A in Antalya. Presentation videos should be prepared as a maximum of 5 minutes. The time allocated for Q&A may vary depending on the length of the presentation video.
The presentations will be pre-recorded as videos by the project owners and shared with the Forum team. The dates for the preparation and submission of video presentations to the selected projects will be communicated separately. The producer and director of each selected project will prepare the presentation videos themselves. Online training will be provided to project owners before preparing the presentations. Those who cannot prepare their presentation videos in English should submit them with English subtitles.
Video presentations will be a part of the presentation to be made to the jury and accredited industry professionals in Antalya on October 8 and 9, as well as being shared with online accredited guests via Festival Scope as part of the Forum's ongoing online event starting from October 10.
One-on-one meetings will be held physically in Antalya on October 8, 9, and 10, and online from October 12.
1) The jury of the Pitching for Feature Films in Development Platform consists of industry professionals such as foreign and local directors, producers, screenwriters, distributors, film fund managers, television channel managers, and sales company representatives, who are experts in their fields.
2) Among the projects participating in the Feature Film Pitching Platform, the jury will award the Antalya Film Forum Feature Film Pitching Platform Awards and award certificates worth 50,000 TL each to two projects to be determined. Special awards to be given by sponsors will be announced later.
3) The awards are announced at the closing ceremony of the Antalya Film Forum on Tuesday, October 10, 2023.
4) Monetary awards are net and will be paid by December 31, 2023.
5) Producers of projects awarded at the Pitching for Feature Films in Development Platform are obliged to use the logos of the Antalya Golden Orange Film Festival and Antalya Film Forum in their film's credits, in their press releases, newspaper ads, and all promotional materials related to the film.
6) Producers of award-winning projects in the Pitching for Feature Films in Development Platform are obliged to send a status report every six months to the e-mail address of the Antalya Film Forum regarding developments in their projects.
7) The jury cannot share the Antalya Film Forum, Pitching for Feature Films in Development Platform awards among multiple projects.
8) The jury fulfills its obligation not to make any written or verbal statements about the projects applying to the platform and the award until the awards are announced during the forum.
1) All producers applying to the Pitching for Feature Films in Development Platform are considered to have accepted the matters specified in this regulation.
2) The authority to decide and the right to change in matters not determined in this regulation belong to the Antalya Film Forum.
3) This regulation has come into effect on July 10th 2023, with the approval of the Festival Management.
4) The Antalya Film Forum Management reserves the right to make changes to the regulation as necessary.